My daughter would like to join:
- You can make an enquiry here or send us your details by completing the Contact Us page on our website.
- One of our District Managers will be in contact with you to discuss some details about Guiding and determine the most suitable unit for your daughter to attend.
- The Leader of your new unit will contact you to discuss the program and a suitable night to visit.
- You and your daughter can visit the unit and meet the Leaders and Guides. You will be given key information about the units, District and joining Girl Guides.
- Your daughter will receive a membership card which we would appreciate you showing to your Leader as this helps them to record her membership number. Your daughter will then recieve a special welcome pack.
- The next step is to discuss payment of the Ginninderra District Support Group fee with your Unit's Parent Liaison Representative. They will also discuss joining the Support Group, which is a group of parents and friends that help support the hall and other key activities.
- Your daughter will also require a Guide uniform which is available through Guides NSW, ACT & NT. Ginninderra District operates a second hand uniform pool and new uniforms can be purchased online. Information about this can be found here.
- Your daughter will undertake some Pre-Promise activities before making her Promise as a Girl Guide at a special ceremony that she will help plan and you will be invited to attend.
I would like to become a Girl Guide Leader:
- Send us your details by completing the Contact Us page on our website.
- One of our District Managers will be in contact with you to make a time to meet and discuss Guiding, training, and the range of options that are available to adult members of Girl Guides.
- You will receive a membership card which we would appreciate you showing to your District Leader as this helps them to record your membership number.
- The next step is training – you will receive a Leader’s Journal which will guide you through your training as well as a Guiding Partner to support you through your training.
- You will require a Guide uniform which is available through Guides NSW, ACT & NT.
- You will make your Promise as a Girl Guide at a special ceremony arranged by either the District or your Unit.
- Once you have completed your training you will be a fully qualified Girl Guide Leader with the whole world just waiting for you to explore with your girls.